Friday, August 20, 2010

Review: Covergirl LashBlast Fusion Mascara


Since there is nowhere to get refills on my lash extensions up at college, I decided to forgo my lash maintenance appointment and let my extensions fall out on their own. I am a bit depressed because I LOVE my Xtreme Lash Extensions so much. I will be getting them again next year after college graduation, since I will be living back at home for a while and will be able to get my lashes filled indefinitely. Anyway, after my extensions were gone, I noticed that I was in dire need of mascara and decided to take a trip to Target. While there, I picked up Covergirl LashBlast Fusion Mascara  since I love the original LashBlast Volume Blasting formula, and I really liked the color of the packaging – purple is my favorite! I also purchased this mascara because I thought that if this was the “fusion” of both the original LashBlast Volume Blasting and the LashBlast Length mascara, it would be unbelievably amazing.

I liked the packaging of the product - I noticed that it was very sleek and easy to hold. As I said before, I also liked the color. 

When I examined the brush, I noticed that it looked just like the original LashBlast wand. There were a ton of tiny bristles that would prevent clumping from occurring, and ensured that each lash would be separated. 


When the brush was covered in mascara, I was still able to see the tiny bristles. 


When I initially applied the mascara to my eyes, I noticed that though there was no clumping, my lashes weren't longer or fuller. 


When the formula had been on my eyes for around 7 hours, I noticed that the curl was barely there, and the mascara had worn off a lot. 

Ultimately, I was not too thrilled with this product. Though I did like the packaging and the fact that it didn't clump, I didn’t like the fact that it didn’t hold curl too well and it wore off. I honestly didn’t think it added a dramatic amount of length and volume either. I don't think I am going to be using this product at all after my trial with it, and will definitely not repurchase it in the future. 

Covergirl LashBlast FusionC+

Have you tried this product? What did you think of it? Do you have any other mascara recommendations? Let me know in the comment section! :)

2 comments:

  1. I swear by The Body Shop super volume mascara! It's my everyday mascara!

    You can see my post about it here: http://thebodyshopfan.blogspot.com/2010/08/body-shop-super-volume-mascara-before.html

    I'm doing lots of before and after of mascaras on my blog, so if you want to stay tuned, you can check it out different brands!

    Confessions of a Beautyholic

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi i find your blog today! it is very lovely :)
    i recommend any Lancome mascara. it costs very much but i think they are always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails