Sunday, August 8, 2010

How to Care for your Lash Extensions

I love my lash extensions, so it's very important for me to care for them so that they last as long as they can. Here's how I care for my Xtreme Lash Extensions (refer to my last post “All About Eyelash Extensions” about whether or not lash extensions are right for you!)

When I initially get my lashes put on, or get my lashes filled, I don't get them wet for 48 hours (I mentioned this in my last post). This means I don't even get steam near them when I shower. Be sure to not use mascara on them for this period of time as well.

Each morning, I brush my lashes with a disposable mascara wand in order to straighten them out. I received mine from the woman who does my lash extensions, but you can buy a 12-pack of them at SallyBeauty.com here. When brushing, be sure to not brush hard or start too close to the lash line. Remember to start brushing your lashes from the middle of the lashes to the tips. Doing so will ensure that your lashes don’t come out while brushing.

Once a week, I apply the Xtreme Protective Coating to my lashes. This product strengthens the bond between the lash and the extension, which ultimately makes the lash extensions last longer. It also creates a barrier against oil and adds shine.

When doing my makeup, I use LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer (read my review here) before applying eyeshadow. This primer is oil-free, which is very important. Remember to use oil-free products around or on your lashes so that your extensions don’t slip off of your natural lash!

If I feel that I want to wear some mascara (which isn’t entirely necessary since the lashes look awesome by themselves), I use the mascara provided by Xtreme Lashes. I use the Xtreme Length Mascara, which is oil-free. Besides being safe for the lashes, it’s an extremely great product! It doesn’t clump or flake, and it comes off very easily with eye makeup remover.

When I take my eye makeup off, I use Almay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover Pads. Again, it’s extremely important to remember to use oil-free products with your lashes! I feel that these pads are extremely convenient and can be easily disposed of. Remember not to put too much pressure on the lashes when using the pads, since you can tug at them and cause some of your lashes to come off!

Other times, I use Xtreme Eye Makeup Remover and Facial Cleanser to take off my eye makeup. This was formulated by the company that created the extensions, so you know it’s perfectly safe to use around your lashes. It also smells really good – kind of like coconut, and has aloe in it for moisturizing purposes.

Finally, when I go to bed, I remember not to toss and turn (I mentioned this in my last post). It’s important to not sleep on one side or your stomach since you’ll apply pressure to your lashes, so sleeping on your back is ideal.

You can order any of the Xtreme Lashes products I mentioned above on either the Xtreme Lashes website here, or you can purchase them where you get your lashes done.

I hope this post helps you get the most out of your lash extensions! Feel free to ask any questions or post any comments below! Also, if you have Xtreme Lashes and care for them in a different way, be sure to tell me in the comment section! J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails