Sunday, June 27, 2010

Haul: Sephora

I just bought a bunch of stuff online at Sephora.com - I could seriously spend all day on that website.

Anyway... I've heard a lot of great stuff about the brand, Living Proof, which can be purchased at Sephora.com here. It comes in two different product types -No Frizz and Full. I purchased the No Frizz products, since my head is a frizz-ball in the humidity. These products don't contain silicone, which typically weighs down your hair and makes it look greasy. Instead, they contain Polyfluoroester, which blocks frizz from occurring. They also don't contain sodium chloride, an ingredient which makes my hair even frizzier. It's also a great product to use if you got a keratin treatment since sodium chloride will counteract with your treatment and ruin it.

The site was extremely helpful in allowing me to determine what fits my needs. The two sections that I used to figure out which product was right for me were the "What's Right for You" section and the "FAQs". Prior to reading these sections, my shopping cart was full of unnecessary items that i didn't need. Turns out, my very medium-to-thick frizzy hair requires the types of products necessary for the thick-to-coarse hair. I also found out that since I don't want a ridiculous amount of hold when I wear my hair curly, I should stick with the straight making products - my hair will be left with a slight curl and a loose, wavy look. My favorite piece of information was to not mix a silicone-based serum with the products since it will curdle... ewww thank goodness I found that out before I used it! Seriously, read those two sections before making your purchase - they saved me a lot of time and money!

Also, before you make your purchase, be sure to check out the "Value Sets" and "Gift Ideas and Sets" sections before you buy - it's a lot cheaper to make your purchase when you choose this option!!! (I bought the $25 Straight Making System Set, which is typically worth $34!)

My second purchase was the Too Faced Aqua Bunny Cream to Powder Bronzer. Although i haven't even received my package yet this product seems so cool. It's a waterproof bronzer! Seriously who doesn't want that during the summertime? You can wear this in the pool, at the beach, or even during super humid days. It also contains a lot of beneficial ingredients for your skin! How great is it that this bronzer doesn't drip off your face, and make you look like a hot mess?! I hope with all this hype, the product lives up to my expectations!!! I'll keep you posted! Definitely wait for my review since this product is a whopping $28, and I don't want you spending that kind of money if you don't have to.

My third, and final purchase, is the Benefit Cosmetics To Go Beauty Bestsellers. it's a $30 value for only $10! It is important to mention that these products are a lot smaller than their original counterparts, hence the steep price difference. It comes with Posietint - a light pink colored lip stain (usually $28); Some Kind-a-Gorgeous - a product that works like a foundation but isn't ($9-28); "That Gal" - a primer which simultaneously brightens your face ($28); and High Beam - a face highlighter ($28). I made this purchase because I have been wanting to try High Beam for quite some time now. A lot of the beauty gurus I mentioned in my last post have used this during tutorials. This product seems to give an angelic glow, and I can't wait to use it. I'll definitely let you know my take on all of these products later.

I also got a bunch of samples, which I will be doing reviews on throughout the summer. They are:
- LAVANILA Baby Lotion and LAVANILA Healthy Sunscreen SPF 40 - I don't have a baby, I just really wanted to try the sunscreen! ;)

Hope you're enjoying your summer! Remember to check back for pictures and reviews of these fabulous products! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails