Monday, June 28, 2010

The Start of... Movie Makeup Monday!



So as you can see, today is the start of "Movie Makeup Monday"!!!
What is "Movie Makeup Monday" exactly? It's the day each week that I pick either a movie, a character from a movie, or a picture from a movie that either I would like to recreate or inspires a makeup look. The movie that I will pick each week will be new in theaters. Don't be afraid to request a movie by sending it to my email! :)

I decided to start "Movie Makeup Monday" by featuring a new movie that a ton of people are looking forward to... Twilight: Eclipse. Though I'm not a Twilight fan, (sorry everyone!) I figured I would pick a look from this film since it is so popular. I picked the look of Bella on the movie's poster, which can be found here. As you can see, Kristen Stewart's look is pretty natural, with a darker lip.

These are the products that I would use to recreate Bella's look:

Eyes:
- Always remember to prime your lid! (Review on my favorite primer coming tomorrow!)
- Shadow: Apply "Naked Lunch" by mac all over lid. Apply "Rice Paper" to the inner corners of the eye, and on the brow bone as a highlight color.
- Eyeliner: It doesn't look like she is wearing eyeliner, but if you would like to add some, I recommend using brown liner on your waterline, since it won't be too dramatic.
- Mascara: Apply any mascara you prefer. My favorite is Urban Decay Skyscraper Multi- Benefit Mascara. (Check out my review of this product here)

Face: Be sure to apply concealer, foundation, and powder as you normally do.
- Blush: Bella looks pretty pale, with the exception of a little blush. I recommend using NARS blush in "Orgasm", which adds a pretty flush of color. If you don't have it on hand, be sure to use a pinky-peachy blush.

Lips:
- Lip gloss: Bella's lips are definitely the focus of her makeup. to get a dark, vampy lip like Bella's, use plum-colored glosses. MAC's "Utterly Discrete" can do the trick, but any plum colored gloss will do.

I hope you enjoyed the first "Movie Makeup Monday"! Please let me know if you have any suggestions for upcoming posts by emailing me at mixandmatchmakeup@yahoo.com! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails