Saturday, February 13, 2010

review: concealers - laura mercier secret concealer; haul: ulta

so since the rings under my eyes are getting darker by the day, i decided that i needed to change up my concealer routine. i previously started with mac moisturecover which is a moisturizing concealer that comes in a gloss-like bottle. when i went back to mac and told them it wasn't really working for me, they suggested that i use studio finish SPF 35 concealer and finish it off with the moisturecover so that it wouldn't dry out my skin. to ensure that the concealer would stay in place, she also suggested i use a powder which i purchased as well. although this worked, i still wasn't satisfied, so i took matters into my own hands. i visited bluemercury to see whether or not their concealer would work for me. the girl who was helping me told me that laura mercier secret concealer was the most highly pigmented concealer in the store (which also carries bobbi brown and nars among other well-known brands) and would definitely hide my under eye mess. well, i'm happy to say that today was my first day using it in my regular makeup routine and it worked pretty well! although i applied mac moisturecover and powder to make sure my eyes were moisturized and set, it didn't show my undereye problems as much as the mac studio finish. it is important to only apply a small amount under your eyes, and also to not dip your concealer brush into it - i found out the hard way that it is not hard like studio finish, but it is very creamy and will get all over the place. instead, try to just dab a little under and then blend with your brush. i will definitely purchase this again... unless i find a better concealer that is. ;) A-



now, onto my ulta haul!!!
when i went into ulta, i have to admit, i did have some specific items that i wanted to buy in mind, but i always buy wayyyyy more than i expect to (which is very, very bad). the items i wanted to purchase were: urban decay skyscraper multi-benefit mascara (which i have used before) and amazing concealer (which i heard was just what the label says-amazing). i ended up purchasing those two items and: urban decay lash primer potion, nyx eyeliner in white, and almay clear complexion concealer (which i have used before). in addition to all of that fun makeup stuff, i also bought opi nail polish in rosy future, essie nail polish in pop art pink, and essie good to go! fastest drying top coat. i will most likely be writing reviews on each of these items so if you're interested in any of them, stay tuned! :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails