Sunday, July 18, 2010

Review: Urban Decay Naked Palette


I was super excited when I heard that Urban Decay was coming out with a new palette for Fall 2010! I knew it would be a great product because Urban Decay is one of my favorite brands... I know I can always rely on them for good quality makeup! This palette includes 12 shades, a double-sided eye pencil, and a mini Primer Potion. 5 of the shades are new, 7 are permanent, and 1 is a comeback.


As you can see, the packaging on the palette is absolutely GORGEOUS! It's a dark brown velvet texture, with gold lettering etched into the velvet. I feel like it's not as funky as the other palettes from Urban Decay that I own - it's very sophisticated, and really embodies the neutral eyeshadow shades found within it.


This photo was taken with the flash off. You can see that 10 of the shades are primarily neutrals and browns, with two grey/black shades in there as well. You can also see the double-sided 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil - the colors are Zero and Whiskey. Zero is a black pencil, while Whiskey is a reddish brown pencil, which is a new addition to Urban Decay's collection.



The two photos of the palette were taken with the flash on. You can clearly see which shades are shimmery and which are matte. For more information about the shades, refer to the pictures below! (Note: I feel that all of the colors are great as an all-over lid color with the exception of Virgin, which would be a great highlight)


These are the first four shades with the flash off (top) and on (bottom). The names and descriptions are as follows:
Virgin: (New) A frosty, creamy, very light beige. Great as a highlight color on your brow bone or on your inner tear duct.
Sin: (Permanent) A shimmery nude.
Naked: (Permanent) A tan matte.
Sidecar: (Comeback shade) A shimmery dark beige It was in the first Book of Shadows, but not sold separately.

These are the next four shadows with the flash off (top) and on (bottom). The shades are:
Buck: (New) A matte dark tan.
Half Baked: (Permanent) A shimmery light yellow-bronze. One of my favorite shades of all time :)
Smog: (Permanent) A shimmery tan-bronze.
Darkhorse: (New) A bronze chocolate brown with a subtle shimmer.

These are the last four shades. The shadows are:
Toasted: (Permanent) A shimmery light brown. It reminds me of a darker version of Sin.
Hustle: (New) A frosty, shimmery, dark brown. It reminds me of a darker version of Darkhorse. It's named after an Urban Decay Ultraglide Lip Gloss, Hustle.
Creep: (New) A black shadow with blue-silver shimmer.
Gunmetal: (Permanent) A dark grey shimmer.

One of the best things about this product besides, well, everything else I've mentioned so far is the fact that all of the shadows are full size. Normally, an individual Urban Decay eyeshadow is $17, so 12 of them would be $204! This means that you're saving $160!!! Technically, with the cost of the double-sided eye pencil and the mini Primer Potion, you're saving more than $160... how great is that?!

Ultimately, I believe that Urban Decay's Naked Palette is one of the greatest makeup purchases I have EVER made! It's great quality, the shadows are all highly pigmented, and the cost can't be beat! In all seriousness, everyone should have this product! Good job, Urban Decay! :) A++++++++

Note: The Naked palette keeps getting sold out on both urbandecay.com and sephora.com. I will definitely let you know when it's back in stock so you can get your hands on this awesome item! :)

3 comments:

  1. I Love the naked palette! Keep up the wonderful posts and I'm looking forward to your next review. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review and swatches! If it weren't for the fact I have so many neutrals already and Burberry got me broke, I might have picked up this palette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh i want this so badly, hopefully i can pick one up this week!

    check out my giveaway! @ beneaththesunn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails