Thursday, July 1, 2010

Review: LAVANILA The Healthy Sun Screen SPF 40 Face Cream sample

I received this product with my last purchase from Sephora.com and am very pleased with it's performance. I had never heard of LAVANILA prior to receiving this sample, but when I heard that LAVANILA The Healthy Sun Screen SPF 40 Face Cream was both good for your skin, and was organic, I decided to give it a try.


As you can see, the container was very small - it fit right in the palm of my hand. The sample was adorable - the design of the packaging was so cute! As soon as i opened it, i found that a lot of product was packed into it.
I first noticed the smell - it is not strong at all, and doesn't remind me of the typical sunscreen scent. I actually really enjoyed the scent, which surprises me since I don't really like the smell of sunscreen in general.

The second thing I noticed was the consistency. It blended right into my skin and wasn't sticky at all. It was very creamy and makes my skin feel hydrated but not oily. I noticed that a little bit will go a long way, so it's best to start super small and build. It also did a great job of protecting my skin! Recently, I have been burning on my chest in my bikini, but when I applied this product, I didn't burn at all. I know that it is meant for the face, but I figured that since my skin is so sensitive in that area as well, I could use it there.

My favorite fact about the product is that it's 100% natural and chemical free! It is made without parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances and dyes, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs, and triclosan. After taking my Environmental Science class this past semester at college, I learned that all of these ingredients are bad for you, so I like the fact that none of these are going into my body when I am trying to do something healthy for myself. I also loved the fact that the product is not tested on animals!

Overall, I really liked this product! I have actually decided to buy a big tube of it to get me through our scorching summer. A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails